Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fancy buttons and bows

This is a necklace I started working on recently. I grabbed different materials that I liked the look of and then just put them together. I tried out a few different ways of arranging everything until I was convinced that the last 242 ways were not right :) This is what I used: Copper plated chain, mottled Turquoise beads, faceted Blue acrylic drops, vintage buttons, Offray ribbon and one huge rockin' curtain tassel... Just keeping it classy.


I made this rosette from the ribbon. There was a bit of sewing and intricacy involved to make it look a like a rosette. I also had to sew two jump rings to the back so I could attach it to the chain. A mix of some 80's music was called for, which made for a nice sunny afternoon of good times.


I attached the tassel to the Turquoise bead and placed a cream heart button on top. I later changed this to a gold one.









And this is what it looks like now. I love the color combination. Now i am off to make some fabulous rings!!

No comments: